The Center for Legal Inclusiveness regularly sponsors CLE programs on various topics pertaining to diversity and inclusion.
|Watch Videos of the CLEs (highlighted in blue below)
online at www.legalinclusiveness.org
requires a subscription - free for CLI members and website subscribers.
- The Next Generation of Leadership: Understanding & Leveraging Generational Differences To Strengthen Your Workplace featured Dr. Arin N. Reeves, Nextions LLC
- New Research on Critical Skills for High Performing Lawyers featured Caren Ulrich Stacy, Lawyer Metrics LLC.
Caren also led table discussion groups with several prominent attorneys: Hubert Farbes, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP; Natalie Hanlon-Leh, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP; Dawn MacKinnon, Bryan Cave HRO; Bobbee Musgrave, Bryan Cave HRO; Tiffanie Stasiak, Kutak Rock LLP; and Maureen Witt, Holland & Hart LLP.
- You Can't Win The Game If You Don't Have The Playbook - Recognizing Unconscious Bias & Winning Despite It featured Kathleen Nalty, Center for Legal Inclusiveness
- Dispelling Myths & Addressing Bias To Achieve Attorney Work/Life Balance featured Leslie Fields, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP; Jim Johnson, Otten Johnson Robinson Neff + Ragonetti PC; Chris Richardson, Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP; Jessica Brown, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP; & Jason McCord, Morrison & Foerster LLP.
2012 Summer CLE Series
- August 29 - Difference Works: Attorney Leadership, Retention & Results with Caroline Turner, gender and generational differences expert, and former general counsel of Coors Brewing Company, discussed the continuum of masculine and feminine approaches in the way people work and how this awareness can increase attorney retention and organizational results. Event Flyer. Video available online at www.legalinclusiveness.org.
- August 23 - Miss Representation Screening + Moderated Discussion. The event featured a screening of the award-winning documentary Miss Representation, which revealed how mainstream media contribute to the underrepresentation of women in positions of power and influence in America. Vicki Johnson, Davis Graham & Stubbs; Tiffani Lennon, The Women’s College of the University of Denver; Rich Harris, The Harris Law Firm; and Kathleen Nalty, Center for Legal Inclusiveness, participated in a post-screening discussion. Event Flyer.
2012 Spring CLE - April 12, 2012
- Navigating Hidden Barriers: Are You Maximizing Your Career Potential? The luncheon CLE featured a distinguished panel of diverse attorneys: Leslie Fields, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP; Jack Finlaw, Chief Legal Counsel to Colorado Governor Hickenlooper; Jennifer Jaskolka-Brown, White and Steele, P.C.; and Jennifer Weddle, Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Event Flyer
- Inclusiveness 101 featuring Kathleen Nalty, Center for Legal Inclusiveness
- Exploring Bias and Its Impact on Effective Diversity & Inclusion Efforts featuring Rosale Chamberlain, Rosalie Chamberlain Consulting LLC
- How Leadership Awareness Impacts Legal Inclusiveness featuring Jennifer Churchill, Opus Leadership Group
- Blending Generations in the Workplace: Embracing Differences, Implementing Solutions featuring Kathy Holmes, Holmes Consulting Group
- Toward a Deeper Understanding of Diversity & Inclusiveness featuring Jesus Trevino, Diversity & Inclusiveness Consultant
- Engaging and Retaining the Female Half of Your Firm featuring Caroline Turner, DifferenceWORKS, LLC
2011 Summer CLE Series
- Identifying, Selecting and Developing Diverse High Performers with Caren Ulrich Stacy, President Lawyer Metrics LLC. More information. Video available online at www.legalinclusiveness.org.
- Power Play: How Women and Men Approach Power & Why It Matters featuring Dr. Arin Reeves, Nextions LLC. More information.
- Unconscious Bias: At Work & In Court with Professor Melissa Hart, University of Colorado Law School. More information. Video available online at www.legalinclusiveness.org.
- How To Increase Productivity & Work/Life Balance featuring Laura Stack, Productivity Pro. More information.
2010 Summer CLE Series
- Inclusiveness 101: Six Steps to Creating a Culture of Inclusion in Your Organization featuring Kathleen Nalty, CLI's Executive Director, and Patricia Powell, Hummons Consulting.
- Glass Ceilings and Dead Ends: The Future of Women Lawyers at Large Law Firms with Professor Eli Wald, University of Denver Sturm College of Law. Video available online at www.legalinclusiveness.org.
- Skeptical? A Conversation about Diversity and Inclusiveness featuring Dr. Arin Reeves, Nextions.
- Solving the Retention Riddle: Addressing Micro-Inequities featuring Jeannine Carter, Denver Public Schools, and Patricia Powell, Hummons Consulting.
- The Role of Unconscious Bias in Your Legal Practice with Professor Helen Norton, University of Colorado Law School. Video available online at www.legalinclusiveness.org.
- Breaking Down Barriers Through Awareness: An Interactive Diversity Training featuring Dr. Jesus Trevino, University of Denver.
If you are interested in learning more about CLI's CLE programming, including any of the past CLE events, please contact CLI at firstname.lastname@example.org.